Friday, June 24, 2011

Red Bowtie Brigade



...some kind of secret cute animal society?

I added this elephant to my collection today. He says "I am an elephant. Squeeze me." Haha!
Inside him was a pack of crazy 8's circus cards, three sailor photos and a handful of girl scout membership cards!

I got him, along with many other great finds, at the best yard sale ever. Ran by an old woman sitting next to a giant see-through barrel of cheese balls! I wish I could have taken a picture, it will be in my "best sale ever" memory bank at least.

Oh! I also have a red bowtie skunk...velvet painting! Thanks to my pal Autumn! [A Vintage Girl at Home] You can find her link on my side panel! I should get a picture of this stinky skunk and share!

3 comments:

Mr. Karswell said...

that is a cool elephant... I love buying stuff like that too and getting home with it and finding surprises inside-- sounds like you scored big time!

Colleen E. Conrad said...

Thanks! It was probably the best sale I've been to in years, to tell you the truth!
I also like the feeling of seeing who it is that owned the stuff, it's almost a rip off at a thrift store! I like to hear what they have to say about the stuff too, [if they're sociable that is!]

Amber Von Felts said...

I love velvet paintings! Please take a pic of him! Who knew animals in bow-ties was a bonafied genre of knick-knackery?!